Wiring a rheostat to control two parallel motors in a Kenmore humidifier

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fred Frendley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8 replies · 2K views
Fred Frendley
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.
I have a Kenmore floor model humidifier. It has 2 motors. Each motor has 2 coils. One coil has a balck and blue wire and the other has a red and white wire. These motors are wired in parallel. The control panel is bad an I would like to add a rehostat to control the fan speed and use it that way. How do I wire the speed control in and what is the 110V wire connections to the motors. Schematic would be great.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Fred Frendley said:
TL;DR Summary: Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.

Schematic would be great.
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?
 
Model 758.154200
 
Attachments
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 174
Fred Frendley said:
Model 758.154200
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink:
 
Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.
 
berkeman said:
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?
berkeman said:
anorlunda said:
Also, a schematic will tell us if those are simple motors, or BLDC brushless motors with digital controllers.

Fred Frendley said:
Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.

berkeman said:
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink: