1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Inertia matrix of my robot is non invertible under some conditions...

1. Mar 26, 2017 #1

Sed

Hello,

What could be wrong when the total inertia matrix of a robotic manipulator is non invertible when under certain values of the joint angles?

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2017 #2
    You would be more likely to get useful help if you showed us what your robot looks like and how the inertia matrix was developed.

4. Mar 27, 2017 #3

Sed

The model is for a dynamically equivalent manipulator (fixed base with spherical passive joint). The model was developed in the attached paper.
    I checked all the steps, everything seems fine except for the resulting inertia matrix.
    The whole matrix is non invertible but if i divide it into small matrices where the upper right 3 by 3 matrix represents the spherical joint inertia and the lower right n by n matrix represent the rest of the manipulator. Then the manipulator matrix is always invertible and the spherical joint one is not.

If you have just an idea about what might cause the problem, i realise it's a long process to got through all the equation.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted