1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Influence lines (concentrated load system)

1. Aug 15, 2013 #1
    I started by getting the equation for the reaction(which is really simple). I'm a bit confused here, they're asking for the absolute maximum moment, but they're not locating the location of where the maximum moment will occur, should I assume it's happening on the middle of the beam? And another question, how can I find the value of this maximum moment, I'm normally accustomed to a concentrated load, or a uniformally distributed load, but not a system of concentrated forces. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2013 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Slow down and take a deep breath.

First, it's not clear what you are talking about. There was a homework template, but I can't find it now, so I'll wing it.

First: Give the full problem statement, including any relevant diagrams which may help illustrate the problem.

Second: List any relevant equations which would be used to solve the problem.

Third: Show your work in solving the problem. You may also ask specific questions about the problem statement or the solution procedure which are unclear or which confuse you. PF will provide comments and other help to guide you, but it is not permitted for PF members to work out the solution for you.

4. Aug 15, 2013 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

5. Aug 15, 2013 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted