Information on certain universities

In summary, Ayman is seeking information about universities to apply to as an undergraduate student with interests in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Maths, and Computer Science. The universities in question are Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rowan University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, and Northeastern University in Boston. Ayman is particularly interested in how their engineering and physics programs compare to other universities in the US, and is curious about the advantages and disadvantages of Northeastern's coop program, which takes 5 years to complete but offers valuable experience. Ayman also wants to know which of the NJ schools is considered better.
ajsingh
Hello,

I just needed some information on a few universities, to which I am thinking of applying as an undergrad. My interests are Electrical Engineering, Physics, Maths and Computer Science.

Here are the schools :

Fairleigh Dickinson University (NJ)
Rowan University (NJ)
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJ)

Northeastern University, Boston

I would appreciate to know how mainly their engineering and physics programs compare with other universities in the US.

I know that Northeastern has a coop program, which does seem quite interesting. What are the advantages/disadvantages for that system (it takes 5 years to complete the degree in the coop system, but it does provide the students with some valuable experience)

Also, among the NJ schools, which one would you place over the other.

Thank you,
Ayman

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
So, anyone know anything about these universities?

I am not an expert in the specific fields of engineering, physics, and math. However, I can provide some general information and advice on choosing a university for your undergraduate studies.

Firstly, all of the universities you listed are reputable and well-regarded institutions. Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rowan University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, and Northeastern University are all accredited by the appropriate governing bodies for their respective programs. This means that they have met certain standards of quality and rigor in their curriculum and faculty.

When it comes to comparing programs, it is important to look at factors such as faculty expertise, research opportunities, and curriculum. You can research the faculty profiles on each university's website to see their areas of expertise and publications. Additionally, you can look into the research projects and facilities available at each university to see if they align with your interests. It may also be helpful to reach out to current students or alumni to get their perspective on the programs.

In terms of the co-op program at Northeastern, this can be a valuable opportunity for gaining hands-on experience and making connections in your field. However, it is important to consider if the extra year of study is worth it for you. You may want to weigh the benefits of the co-op experience against the potential delay in starting your career or pursuing further education.

As for which NJ school may be better for you, it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and priorities. Consider factors such as location, cost, program offerings, and campus culture. It may also be helpful to visit each campus and speak with current students or faculty to get a better feel for the school.

In conclusion, I recommend thoroughly researching and considering all of your options before making a decision on which university to attend. Good luck in your search!

1. What is the ranking of this university?

The ranking of a university can vary depending on the source and criteria used. It is best to research multiple rankings and consider factors such as academic excellence, student satisfaction, and job placement rates.

2. What majors and programs does this university offer?

This information can typically be found on the university's website or through their admissions office. It is important to research the specific majors and programs you are interested in to ensure they are offered at the university.

3. What is the tuition and financial aid options?

Tuition costs can vary depending on the university and program. It is important to research the cost of tuition, as well as potential financial aid options such as scholarships, grants, and loans. Contact the university's financial aid office for more information.

4. What is the student-to-faculty ratio?

The student-to-faculty ratio is the number of students per faculty member. It can give an indication of class sizes and the amount of individual attention students may receive. This information can typically be found on the university's website or through their admissions office.

5. What is the campus and surrounding area like?

The campus and surrounding area can greatly impact a student's experience at a university. It is important to research the location, campus amenities, and student life opportunities to determine if it is a good fit for you.