Initial Mass of Oxygen + Mass of Oxygen leaked out

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 8K views
ryaneye
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A welder using a tank of volume 7.50×10−2 m^3 fills it with oxygen (with a molar mass of 32.0 g/mol) at a gauge pressure of 3.00×105 Pa and temperature of 37.1 C. The tank has a small leak, and in time some of the oxygen leaks out. On a day when the temperature is 23.4 C, the gauge pressure of the oxygen in the tank is 1.85×105 Pa.

Homework Equations



Find the initial mass of oxygen.
Find the mass of oxygen that has leaked out.

The Attempt at a Solution


?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ryaneye said:

Homework Statement



A welder using a tank of volume 7.50×10−2 m^3 fills it with oxygen (with a molar mass of 32.0 g/mol) at a gauge pressure of 3.00×105 Pa and temperature of 37.1 C. The tank has a small leak, and in time some of the oxygen leaks out. On a day when the temperature is 23.4 C, the gauge pressure of the oxygen in the tank is 1.85×105 Pa.

Homework Equations



Find the initial mass of oxygen.
Find the mass of oxygen that has leaked out.

The Attempt at a Solution


?

You need to show some work and where you are having a problem.

Homework Help doesn't mean that it gets done for you.

I see 5 problems you've posted and apparently no work.
 
Hey...I'd love to show some work...and I don't intend on anyone giving me the answers...I just want to know how its done...I've been enrolled in a really hard physics course that I can't get out of...and back in high school my physics class was a joke...so basically I have no background whatsoever...My sincere apologies if I caused any trouble.
I think I'll just remove my threads...

Thanks anyways...
 
ryaneye said:
Hey...I'd love to show some work...and I don't intend on anyone giving me the answers...I just want to know how its done...I've been enrolled in a really hard physics course that I can't get out of...and back in high school my physics class was a joke...so basically I have no background whatsoever...My sincere apologies if I caused any trouble.
I think I'll just remove my threads...

Thanks anyways...

It's no trouble, if you just show some work and make an attempt.

The idea is that you learn.