Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Installing 2X24 Character LCD in Water-tight Box

1. Sep 21, 2007 #1

I need to mount a 2X24 character LCD inside of an IP67 enclosure. The only way I've been able to find to maintain IP67 and still be able to view the LCD is to use an enclosure with a clear plastic lid. While this is a somewhat adequate solution I wonder if there is a better way of doing this. Is there a company that makes enclosures (IP67/NEMA 4X) with an LCD window built in or some other solution to solve this problem?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Lots of companies make LCD panels where the glass is IP67 and they seal with a gasket around the front. The problem with using a window is getting condensation inside the case under the window - if it IP67 it is likely to be used in bad conditions.

As an example we use these http://www.cantrak-int.com/ in a lot of equipement, there are an entire 16bit micro + display in a IP67 enclosure.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?