Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration of Rigid Body

In summary, the author is looking for information on "instantaneous center of zero velocity" and is wondering if anyone knows of any articles or information about it. He has found an article on science direct, but it does not help him understand what the author is asking. He then finds another article that he thinks might be more helpful, but it is not. He ends up feeling better because he knows that he is not working on an imaginary field.
araz
hi i am araz a mechanic master engineer and i am looking for any article or information about" Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration of Rigid Body" because i couldn't find any but "Instantaneous Center of Zero velocity":confused:
i hope here i can find some help?!

Physics news on Phys.org
araz said:
hi i am araz a mechanic master engineer and i am looking for any article or information about" Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration of Rigid Body" because i couldn't find any but "Instantaneous Center of Zero velocity":confused:
i hope here i can find some help?!
I can't understand what you are asking. I doubt that you are asking about instantaneous acceleration of anything physical because that is impossible (it would take infinite energy). Can you clarify some?

phinds said:
I can't understand what you are asking. I doubt that you are asking about instantaneous acceleration of anything physical because that is impossible (it would take infinite energy). Can you clarify some?
i can give u an article that i found on science direct:
Analysis of Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration of Rigid Body
in Planar Motion

modern applied science
Haibin Sun (Corresponding author) & Tingting Liu
Department of Physics and Electronics
Taishan University
Shandong 271021, China

araz said:
modern applied science
Haibin Sun (Corresponding author) & Tingting Liu
Department of Physics and Electronics
Taishan University
Shandong 271021, China
That does me no good at all but I do see now that it's "instantaneous ... zero-acceleration" rather than "instantaneous ... zero accleration" which is how I first read it. Still have no idea what you are talking about but at least I'm less confused than I was.

i didnt here anything about that too since last week my dynamic Professor at uni
wanted me to write about that
but Unfortunately no one knows anything about

this is it!

Attachments

• 1278-3851-1-PB.pdf
    321.5 KB · Views: 724
Just reading the first couple of paragraphs it seems reasonable. What exactly is your question?

i want to know more about so i need
more books.articles and anything but this one i have
i must write about so i should learn it
i want more references
do u know any.or something at least close to this title?

No, I had never heard the term before. I think this Center of Zero Acceleration might be just a particular way of looking at things that the author is exploring and you won't have any luck finding other articles. Anyway, good luck.

ok thanks a lot for your reply
i do something myself
now i feel better(that at least i do not work on an imaginary field )!

What is the Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration of Rigid Body?

The Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration, also known as the Instant Center or IC, is a point on a rigid body where the acceleration is zero at a given instant in time. It is an important concept in kinematics and dynamics, as it helps to determine the motion of a rigid body.

Why is the Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration important?

The Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration is important because it allows us to simplify the analysis of the motion of a rigid body. By locating the IC, we can determine the velocities and accelerations of different points on the body without having to consider the complex motion of every individual point.

How do you find the Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration?

The IC can be found by drawing two perpendicular lines from any two points on the rigid body's motion path. The intersection of these lines is the IC. Alternatively, the IC can also be found by using the concept of instantaneous velocity and acceleration.

What is the difference between Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration and Center of Mass?

The Center of Mass is a point on a rigid body where the entire mass of the body can be considered to be concentrated. It is a static point, meaning it does not change with time. The Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration, on the other hand, is a dynamic point that changes with time as the body moves. It is the point where the acceleration of the body is zero at a specific instant.

How does the concept of Instantaneous Center of Zero Acceleration apply in real-life situations?

The concept of IC is used in various fields, such as engineering, robotics, and physics. It helps in analyzing the motion of complex systems, such as vehicles, machines, and robots. Understanding the IC can also aid in designing efficient and stable mechanisms and systems.