Integrate Expression: Help & Tips

• Thread starter Black Armadillo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
Now apply the integration by parts by letting u = Im(eiωt) and dv = e^(R/L*t)*dt. Thendu = (iω)Im(eiωt)dt = iωsin(ωt)dtv = (L/R)e^(R/L*t)So the integral becomesIm(eiωt)*(L/R)e^(R/L*t) - \int iωsin(ωt)*(L/R)e^(R/L*t) dtNow use integration by parts again to solve for the second integral. Once both integrals have been solved, you can simplify the expression and obtain the final result. In summary, to integrate the given expression, you can use the product rule or
Black Armadillo
I'm trying to integrate the following expression:
[tex]\int\frac{E_0*sin(\omega*t)}{L}*e^{\frac{R}{L}t}dt[/tex]

Any hints on what method to use? I'd like to figure out how to do this integral by hand so please don't just give me the answer. I've already used my calculator to get that. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Assuming E0, L, and R are constants, you can use the product rule: if u and v are functions of x, then (u(x)v(x))' = u'(x)v(x) + u(x)v'(x) which means
[tex]\int u'(x)v(x) dx = u(x)v(x) - \int u(x)v'(x) dx[/tex]
This is also known as integration by parts. From inspection, it appears you will have to apply it twice and then solve for the integral algebraically.

Write sin(ωt) as Im(eiωt).

Related to Integrate Expression: Help & Tips

What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical process that involves calculating the area under a curve or finding the total value of a function within a given interval.

What are the different methods of integration?

The two main methods of integration are indefinite integration, also known as antiderivatives, and definite integration, which involves using limits to calculate the area under a curve.

Why is integration important?

Integration is important in mathematics, physics, and engineering as it allows us to solve problems involving rates of change, distance, and area. It also has applications in economics and statistics.

What are some tips for integrating expressions?

Some tips for integrating expressions include understanding the properties of integration, using substitution, and practicing with a variety of functions. It is also helpful to check your answer using differentiation.

How can I improve my integration skills?

To improve your integration skills, it is important to practice regularly and work through a variety of problems. It can also be helpful to seek out resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems. Additionally, seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also improve your understanding of integration.