Interesting and challenging IQ questions

In summary: I much prefer problem solving that is outside of the box. Something that is not easily solved. Agreed! >.< I much prefer problem solving that is outside of the box. Something that is not easily solved.
love5
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
is anyone a cryptanalysis? look's like Francis Bacon's famous concealment system :/

To be honest I find theses sorts of problems a bit tedious. It's a matter of plugging away until you get an answer, I'm sure some Nash like mathematical God could spot it in 5 seconds. But I think the box is suggesting that I need new glasses because I can't see what it is. :smile:

And the BRRBRBRBR thing is probably simply some sort of either moving rubix type problem in two or three dimensions. But again it's more than my times worth to actually sit down and plug away until I get it. Still the hints might be useful to someone who has an hour to waste.

Last edited:
Q.2, mayb(E) it's C :)

Try putting the B's and R's in terms of binary, 1 for a change 0 for not see if you get a pattern.

Last edited:
Q.1 ask's what is the box suggesting...

Your suggesting people should answer the question of, what is the box suggesting

-(A box within a box, full of false demintion's of line's :) left to are perception to define)-

I looked at it at 400% max then added x16 mag of it and its not what it seem's from a non-zoom point of view -.-' hence my comment above before i peeped :/

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Try putting the B's and R's in terms of binary, 1 for a change 0 for not see if you get a pattern.
na i will pass on that -.-' i failed to see the point in using time to create a new skill, that i won't be able to applie to things that i need or want to do in life.

and the box is suggesting the answer to q.2 :/

i turned them into a's and b's, but quickly lost interest in the whole thing :/

Last edited:
Noone said:
na i will pass on that -.-' i failed to see the point in using time to create a new skill, that i won't be able to applie to things that i need or want to do in life.

and the box is suggesting the answer to q.2 :/

i turned them into a's and b's, but quickly lost interest in the whole thing :/

Ah it's important to understand the question. Right... er same here. :smile: I'm not a big fan of these sorts of problems, I prefer lateral or logical problems to number problems. Probably explains why I'm not a mathematician.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Ah it's important to understand the question. Right... er same here. :smile: I'm not a big fan of these sorts of problems, I prefer lateral or logical problems to number problems. Probably explains why I'm not a mathematician.

Agreed! >.<

1. What is an IQ test and how does it measure intelligence?

An IQ test is a standardized assessment that measures a person's cognitive abilities and their potential for problem-solving and abstract reasoning. It typically consists of a series of questions and tasks that assess skills such as memory, math, logic, and spatial reasoning. The results of an IQ test are compared to a normative sample of the population to determine a person's intelligence quotient, or IQ.

2. Is IQ a fixed trait or can it change over time?

IQ is a complex and controversial topic, but most experts agree that it is not a fixed trait. While a person's IQ may remain relatively stable throughout their lifetime, it can also be influenced by various factors such as education, life experiences, and mental health. With effort and practice, it is possible for a person to improve their cognitive abilities and increase their IQ.

3. Can IQ be used as the sole measure of intelligence?

No, IQ tests are not comprehensive enough to measure all aspects of intelligence. They mainly focus on cognitive abilities and may not take into account other important factors such as emotional intelligence, creativity, and practical skills. Additionally, cultural and environmental factors can also impact a person's performance on an IQ test, making it an incomplete measure of intelligence.

4. Are IQ tests biased towards certain groups of people?

There is ongoing debate about the potential bias of IQ tests towards certain groups of people. While some argue that IQ tests are culturally and racially biased, others argue that they are designed to be culturally fair and measure innate intelligence. However, it is important to note that cultural and linguistic factors can influence a person's performance on an IQ test and may impact the validity of the results.

5. Can IQ tests accurately predict a person's success in life?

IQ tests have been shown to have a moderate correlation with academic and job performance, but they cannot accurately predict a person's overall success in life. Other factors such as motivation, determination, and social skills play a significant role in a person's achievements. Additionally, IQ tests do not measure important qualities such as creativity, emotional intelligence, and practical skills, which are also crucial for success in life.