Interesting pocket reference by Thomas Glover

In summary, the speaker recommends a small and practical pocket reference book for those who work in remote areas without internet or phone service. The book contains useful information such as gas density, computer codes, math formulas, and knots. The speaker has personally found it helpful and suggests purchasing it from Amazon.
SuperDaniel
I know that most of you have grown up in this digital era, but me myself, I am a old school man, and, I usually use reference books.
Today, I would like to recommend a small and practical book.
Have you ever been working in an installation, in the middle of the Amazonian jungle or in the countryside with no internet connection, or, where your smartphone doesn't work?
In this cases, I highly recommend you this pocket reference, plenty of useful information. From density of gases, up to computer ASCII and Alt+codes, through Math formulas or even how to do knots and bends... you can find anything you need in those moments when you have pressure, while your are working hard in a commissioning, you are in a rush and you can't remember, or you are stuck in a problem.
So, buy it!... very cheap at Amazon. It perfect fits in your jacket pocket!

IMG_1061.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yep! I still use it pretty often for ASCII codes, wire tables, RS-232 connector pinouts, etc. :biggrin:

Likes SuperDaniel

1. What is "Interesting pocket reference" by Thomas Glover?

"Interesting pocket reference" is a book written by Thomas Glover that contains a wide range of useful information and facts on various subjects, including history, science, language, and more. It is designed to be compact and easily accessible, making it a convenient resource for quick reference.

2. Who is Thomas Glover?

Thomas Glover is the author of "Interesting pocket reference" and a chemist who has written several other books on various scientific topics. He has a background in chemistry and has worked in the pharmaceutical industry for many years.

3. What makes "Interesting pocket reference" unique?

"Interesting pocket reference" stands out for its diverse range of topics and its compact size, making it easy to carry with you and access information on the go. It also includes interesting facts and trivia, making it an entertaining read.

4. Is "Interesting pocket reference" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Interesting pocket reference" is suitable for all ages as it covers a wide range of topics and is written in a concise and easy-to-understand manner. However, some of the content may be more suitable for older readers.

5. Can "Interesting pocket reference" be used as a reliable source of information?

While "Interesting pocket reference" contains a lot of useful information, it should not be used as the sole source of information for research purposes. It is best used as a quick reference guide and may not always include the most up-to-date information on certain topics.