Interfacing a TI C6xxx DSP with a PC for Video Processing: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the person is working on their final year project using a TI C6xxx series DSP to process video. They are not concerned about the MPEG encoding aspect and are looking for help on how to interface the DSP with their PC. They mention using MATLAB and provide a link for more information and suggest looking at spec sheets on the TI website.
Shahil
Hey guys ..

Been ages since I've been here but ya.

Anyway .. I'm doing my final year project at moment (wow .. i like registered on the forum back in my first year I think .. lol .. now I'm almost done).

Im using a TI C6xxx series DSP for it and I'm going to feed video into it. Now, my project really is the DSP work .. I;m not wrried about the MPEG encoding blah blah ..

I want to know how to actually interface the DSP and my PC. Obviously, I can't send the MPEG straight into the DSP. Is there any standard type software that will convert an MPEG movie into a bitstream so to allow me to send into the DSP>

This is the part of my project that I'm not really suppose to focus on but hey, it needs to be done and i was hoping somebody could help me put with it.

Thankeee kindly:biggrin:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Interfacing a TI C6xxx DSP with a PC for Video Processing: Tips and Tricks

1. What is the TI C6xxx series DSP and what is it used for?

The TI C6xxx series DSP (Digital Signal Processor) is a family of high-performance processors used for real-time digital signal processing applications. It is commonly used in audio, video, and communication systems that require fast and accurate processing of digital signals.

2. What are the key features of the TI C6xxx series DSP?

Some key features of the TI C6xxx series DSP include high processing speed, multiple cores for parallel processing, integrated peripherals for easy interfacing, and low power consumption. It also has a wide range of development tools and software libraries to aid in application development.

3. How do I get started with using the TI C6xxx series DSP?

To get started, you will need to have a basic understanding of digital signal processing and familiarity with programming languages such as C or assembly. You can then obtain the necessary development tools and software from the TI website and refer to the user guide and tutorials for step-by-step instructions on how to set up and use the DSP.

4. What kind of applications is the TI C6xxx series DSP suitable for?

The TI C6xxx series DSP is suitable for a wide range of applications including audio and video processing, digital signal filtering, wireless communication systems, and industrial automation. It is also commonly used in automotive and medical devices due to its high processing speed and low power consumption.

5. Are there any resources available for troubleshooting or getting help with the TI C6xxx series DSP?

Yes, TI provides comprehensive resources for troubleshooting and getting help with the TI C6xxx series DSP. This includes a support forum, technical documents, and customer support services. Additionally, there are also online communities and discussion groups where you can connect with other users and experts for assistance and advice.