Interpreting electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) circuits

  • Thread starter Thread starter electrogeek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuits Impedance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 3K views
electrogeek
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). On some slides I was given, I have been provided with two circuits which would produce the same nyquist plot. I was wondering what real-world scenario these circuits would relate to. I know that the left-most resistor in each represents the resistance of the solution, but am unsure about the rest of each circuit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or resources which I can look at to get a better understanding.

1722529931605.png


Best wishes,

Electrogeek
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
This is my own research. I've read a few tutorials that only consider simple systems (e.g: Randles circuit), but am looking to see how more complex scenarios fit.
 
electrogeek said:
I'm fairly new to electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). On some slides I was given, I have been provided with two circuits which would produce the same nyquist plot. I was wondering what real-world scenario these circuits would relate to. I know that the left-most resistor in each represents the resistance of the solution, but am unsure about the rest of each circuit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or resources which I can look at to get a better understanding.
“Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy ─ A Tutorial” by Alexandros Ch. Lazanas and Mamas I. Prodromidis (ACS Meas. Sci. Au 2023, 3, 162−193)

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acsmeasuresciau.2c00070