Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interview after I already start teaching the class?

1. Aug 5, 2011 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So I've been contacted by a Community college I was hoping to get a small job teaching a 6 hour/week course for some extra money. The course starts monday the 15th but the interview won't take place until the week classes start!

Has anyone ever heard of this? My contact said that I will simply start teaching the course that Monday. So this seems odd right? Is it possible that the position came up all-of-a-sudden (which I have reason to believe did happen as I know who use to teach the course) and they just need someone to teach it? And if so, is it possible that this interview would be more for them considering hiring me for courses in the future?

YAY ME :D

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yay!!! The interview sounds like just a formality, and perhaps it could affect their decision to give you more courses.

4. Aug 5, 2011 #3

rhody

Gold Member

Way to go pengy bird, that mean less time for PF antics then right ? Your posts many times make my day, since I will be out of work for about a week. I look forward to them.

Rhody... :approve:

5. Aug 5, 2011 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What it really means is MORE STOOPID STUDENT STORIES :D :D :D

6. Aug 5, 2011 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!! :biggrin:

Well done pengy (for a physicist).

7. Aug 5, 2011 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Ahem. That's Adjunct Faculty Pengy.

I'm going to be like this one dumb girl I use to know and put on my facebook that I'm now a research professor. I think I told you about her (I KNOW I've told Evo). She would lie like nobodies business.

8. Aug 5, 2011 #7

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

LOL!! :biggrin:

Way to go professor Peng!

9. Aug 5, 2011 #8

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice going! I vote for the "they already want you and the interview is a formality" hypothesis. Someone mighty sit in the class to see how you do, too, so you have a chance to shine!

10. Aug 5, 2011 #9
    Wear sutable attire. A tux imight be too formal. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook