Interview with Physics Mentor bhobba - Comments

In summary, Greg Bernhardt submitted a new blog post titled "Interview with Physics Mentor bhobba." The post includes an interview with bhobba, where he shares his journey in understanding physics and how mathematics played a crucial role in his understanding of electronics. He also mentions his discovery of the phasor representation and how it helped him understand concepts like feedback and phase shift. The interview can be found on the Physics Forums website.
Greg Bernhardt submitted a new blog post

Interview with Physics Mentor bhobba
bhobba_interview.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Attachments

• bhobba_interview.png
    bhobba_interview.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 744
Likes Morgner_Sant, ShayanJ, davenn and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Very fun read, thanks. :smile:

I especially liked this part from early high school...
One of the most profound experiences I had was discovering how math made understanding electronics much easier. I could not understand feedback. But I wrote the equations and all was clear. Nor could I understand the phase shift of capacitors and inductor’s – but read about the phasor representation and just by differentiating all was clear. That’s when I knew mathematics was the key to understanding. Later as I learned more and more it simply reinforced it was the real key.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/interview-physics-bhobba/

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Very interesting! What a journey, @bhobba !

1. What is the purpose of this interview?

The purpose of this interview is to gain insights and knowledge from the experienced physics mentor, bhobba, about various topics related to physics and mentorship.

2. Who is bhobba and why is he considered a mentor in the field of physics?

Bhobba is a renowned physicist and educator who has made significant contributions to the field of physics. He has also mentored and guided numerous students and professionals in their academic and professional journeys, making him a well-respected mentor in the field of physics.

3. What topics are covered in this interview?

This interview covers a wide range of topics including the mentor-mentee relationship, the role of a mentor in a student's academic and professional growth, the current state of physics research, and advice for aspiring physicists.

4. How can this interview benefit aspiring physicists and students?

This interview can benefit aspiring physicists and students by providing valuable insights and advice from an experienced and successful physicist and mentor. It can also help them gain a better understanding of the field of physics and the mentorship process.

5. How can I connect with bhobba for further guidance and mentorship?

You can connect with bhobba through his website or social media platforms. He also conducts mentorship programs and workshops, which you can attend to learn from him directly.