1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Invalidation of physics GRE scores?

1. Sep 19, 2015 #1
    This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm curious. This morning, I took the physics GRE. For the entire test, they forgot to cover up the giant periodic table hanging from the ceiling at the front of the room. I assume that this is one of those things we aren't supposed to have access to during the test, but none of the test takers or administrators said anything about it.

Is there a chance that someone will report this to the ETS and our scores will be invalidated?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2015 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I'm not familiar with the physics GRE (I took the math GRE). Were there any questions on the exam that access to a periodic table would be helpful for? That would probably be true for a Chem GRE, but I don't think a periodic table would be all that helpful for the physics version.

4. Sep 19, 2015 #3
    For the chem one, they give you a periodic table at the front, so that's no big deal.

I also took the physics one this morning. There was a question that I totally could've used a periodic table on (basically dealing with beta-decay, didn't know which element was one neutron away from some element).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook