Can I choose which Physics GRE scores to send to grad schools?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Phys12
Messages
351
Reaction score
42
Hello!

When I apply to grad schools and sent my Physics GRE scores, will I be able to send only my score from the October test and not the September one? Or is it the case that most Physics grad schools require you to send all of your scores; that is, send the score for all the tests you took?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You get to send your scores to four schools for free (you choose these when you register, and they are automatically sent). When you send your scores to any other school, you can choose which score to send.

edit: maybe I'm recalling wrong. It's possible that when you send your scores to the other schools, you can only choose whether to send all of them, or just the one most recently taken.
 
Dishsoap said:
It's possible that when you send your scores to the other schools, you can only choose whether to send all of them, or just the one most recently taken.
Right, that sounds correct, but I think I read somewhere (like in a stackexchange website or something) that Physics grad schools typically want scores of all the times you took the test, not just the most recent one.
...
A quick look through the FAQs of 4 schools (Texas A&M, Ohio State, MIT, JHU) suggests that such is not the case for most grad schools (at least most of the ones I'm interested in). Well it's good to know that if I bomb this upcoming test, I still have another chance without losing much (other than $150 in registration fee).

Thanks for your response!