Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inverting a Signal and How to make a radio signal adjustable, weak and strong

1. Mar 17, 2012 #1
    Two Questions:

1. I am new to electrical engineering but I want to know how I would Invert a signal. By this I mean, how do I turn a weak signal from, let's say a walkie-talkie, and turn that "weakening" signal into a "strengthening" signal. I would like for the signals to be inverted, in that as one of the signals gets weaker, such as a weaker radio signal, then a light would get brighter as that signal got weaker. I am unsure of how to do this and I would really appreciate some basic information on how to achieve this objective of mine.

2. The second question pertains to the radio signal. How would I be able to control a radio signal's strength? How could I make the strength of the signal adjustable for various distances? Essentially, how do I adjust/weaken the signal of a walkie-talkie?

Thank you for your time and consideration of these questions.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted