Inverting a Signal and How to make a radio signal adjustable, weak and strong

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Kaylene
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Two Questions:

1. I am new to electrical engineering but I want to know how I would Invert a signal. By this I mean, how do I turn a weak signal from, let's say a walkie-talkie, and turn that "weakening" signal into a "strengthening" signal. I would like for the signals to be inverted, in that as one of the signals gets weaker, such as a weaker radio signal, then a light would get brighter as that signal got weaker. I am unsure of how to do this and I would really appreciate some basic information on how to achieve this objective of mine.

2. The second question pertains to the radio signal. How would I be able to control a radio signal's strength? How could I make the strength of the signal adjustable for various distances? Essentially, how do I adjust/weaken the signal of a walkie-talkie?

Thank you for your time and consideration of these questions.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org