Is 1466996987 a Prime Number? Factors and Verification

  • Thread starter Thread starter smslca
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Prime
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Try dividing it by every prime below fifty. You'll find out whether you're right or wrong...
 
And one other, but if you want to find that one, just divide your original number by (29*43).
 
how can i know divide it by primes below 50 or other
 
smslca said:
how can i know divide it by primes below 50 or other

Go to the website Wolfram Alpha and type "FactorInteger 1466996987" into the input box. Then you know.
 
I didn't even type FactorInteger...

If you type in 1466996987 into the input box, it will give you all kinds of properties about the number... including prime factorization.
 
Yeah. I should have known. There was method to my madness. I used Mathematica Information to find the operator used to factor primes, then figured Worlframe Alpha would recognize it too.
 
I just tried factor 1466996987 from command line. But even factor(1466996987) on TI-89 gives answer almost immediately.