Is 5s2 5p4 in Group 17 and Period 6 on a Different Periodic Table?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Raghav Gupta
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
76

Homework Statement


In the long form of periodic table, the valence shell electronic configuration of 5s2 5p4 corresponds to the element present in
A. Group 16 and period 5
B. Group 17 and period 6
C. Group 17 and period 5
D. Group 16 and period 6

Homework Equations


NA

The Attempt at a Solution


I know in normal periodic table 5s2 5 p4 corresponds to tellurium which is in group 16 and period 5.
Don't know why the answer is group 17 and period 6 ?
I think the long form of periodic table is same as normal periodic table.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mooncrater
Physics news on Phys.org
No idea what they mean, 5/16 looks OK to me.

Long periodic table doesn't contain group 16 nor 17, so it is different.
 
Thanks.
I am challenging the guys who said 6/17 is correct.