Is a Berkeley Physics Degree Better Than SAC State for Northern California?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuzzy Static
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Berkeley Degree State
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Fuzzy Static
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I'm just curious if there really a better opportunity if I get a BS degree in Physics from Berkeley instead of SAC State if I only wanted to work and live in the Northern California.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The difference between a BA and BS is trivial. For example, some huge name school like MIT or Harvard only gives BA's. Some community colleges give BS's.
 
Pengwuino said:
The difference between a BA and BS is trivial. For example, some huge name school like MIT or Harvard only gives BA's. Some community colleges give BS's.

Thanks Pengwuino, that was going to my second question after reading the first reply.
 
Pengwuino said:
The difference between a BA and BS is trivial. For example, some huge name school like MIT or Harvard only gives BA's. Some community colleges give BS's.

MIT gives BSc. or BEng for nearly every (I think it is actually for all but am taking the conservative wording) course if you major in Literature you graduate with a BSc. in Literature.