Is a GRE Verbal Score of 155 Enough for Top Physics Graduate Programs?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Roma93
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I wonder if I could hope to be enrolled in a top university (like MIT) for physics graduate course with GRE verbal 155?

I have bachelor degree in physics and I am going to obtain master's degree in Spring. My GRE quant is 168, TOEFL 105, GPA 5/5, and I also have two publications in PRD and good recommendation letters, however, I am worried about verbal score.

Should I retake GRE? Please, I need your advice. The problem is that I'm not a native speaker, I'm quite good in physics, but I do not possesses a high-level English. Could they make an exception?

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The verbal GRE does not have a large weight at most physics departments. However, your problem is not the GRE score, it's that you "do not possesses a high-level English". Your courses will be in English, taught by professors who in many cases speak English as a second language themselves. If English is a problem now, it will be a bigger problem then.