Is a Ph.D. in Photonics offered by Physics or EEE better for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laser System
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
cks
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
I'm a physics students and I'm in my Final Year now. The title of my final year project is phase-locked laser system. I have quite some fun playing around with the mirrors, lens and laser stuff.

I'm interested in doing my phd in photonics related area. I'm not sure whether I should go for phd in EEE or physics. However, I am curious are there any difference between the photonics offered by physics division and those offered by EEE?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Why not directly do a photonics Ph.D.? The only ones I'm familiar with are Institute of Optics at Rochester and CREOL at Central Florida. I'm pretty sure there's others, as well.