Is a point of inflection concave or convex? - Which answer is correct?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Sarah66
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Hello everybody, :)
I have a problem with determining the intervals of convexity and concavity of this function:
Relevant Equations
there are no inflection points here for me
problem1.png

but for me there is no solution to this inequality...
I never wait for a ready answer but I've already spent 4 hours on it and I still don't know what to mark...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sarah66 said:
there are no inflection points here for me
There doesn’t need to be an inflection point to switch between concave and convex if there are points where the function is undefined.
 
Check the sign of the 2nd derivative on each interval if you aren't sure.