Is a Promising Malaria Vaccine Closer to Reality Than We Think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vaccine
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Loren Booda
Messages
3,115
Reaction score
4
I received a flier in the mail promoting investment in a malaria vaccine manufactured by some Chinese company. How far from the truth is a malaria vaccine at present?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I think there's one in clinical trials, was in New Scientist. I think it was by GSK + Gates foundation.
 
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

Do a search for malaria vaccine and get about 1800 hits. :)


Currently, there are several candidate vaccines in clinical trials and many more candidate vaccines that have shown efficacy in animal models or are based on studies of the immune responses of people who are resistant to malaria.