Is Engineering Physics a better way to get a career in Physics?

• Thread starter Ch19
  • Start date
Firstly thanks for reading my post. I was wondering would going to University for a Bachelors in Engineering Physics be the best way to get a career in Physics or would a Bachelors of science with a Chemical Physics/Physical Chemistry or a Physics major be a better option? I'm currently a Grade 12 student in Ontario, I have good grades (around an 85 average) and since my first Physics class I've wanted a career in the field (R&D). I am very confused on the best possible route and I would appreciate any advice, Thank you. Chris

Answers and Replies

fss
Generally the best way to get a career in Physics is to major in / study Physics.

Engineering physics is more aimed towards applied physics/science. That's my understanding anyway.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The good news is, you don't have to decide right away. The first year or two are very similar. So once you get into a university, you can talk to professors, students, and academic counselors to see which path might suit you best.