Is "I have no reason to doubt" better than "I have a reason to believe"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Doubt Reason

What's your pick

  • I have a reason to believe

    Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I have no reason to doubt

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    5
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 7K views
ddr
I don't quite support the American expression:"We have a reason to believe" cause I don't think it's enough.What's your pick:

-I have a reason to believe?

-I have no reason to doubt?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure I get what you are talking about, but I voted "I have a reason to Believe" because I am taking it as a larger concept, and therefore it is much more important to me to have a reason to believe in something, than to have no reason to doubt it.

I mean, I have no reason to doubt a whole miriad of things...but why should I believe in any of them unless there is some reason?

In other words: Why make stuff up?
 
My gut reaction was that there was no choice for 'I have no reason to believe'. Without more context, I for one, won't understand what you're getting at.
 
DDR at least give some detail on what the heck you're talking about.
 
My point was:

If I have a reason to believe then I have minimum one reason to believe.If I have no reason to doubt then I have minimum all the reasons to believe.The expression "I have no reasons to doubt" is much wider and more general and it incorporates the expression "I have a reason to believe" in its self.