Is Instant Coffee the Best Choice for a Lazy Day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
43 replies · 4K views
rachmaninoff
I think I'm going to make coffee. It seems like a good idea. Since I'm a delightfully lazy guy, it'll be instant coffee. I don't like doing stuff. Especially if it takes effort. Yeah.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I upgraded the RAM on my computer today. I got my own little network going, it’s so cool. I can print from any computer, and I have an external hard drive that I can access from any computer. I also got internet on any computer, all wireless. Oh yeah, and I got another book shelf from stamples because the one I had was overflowing. U guys got anything cool tech wise?
 
Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
I upgraded the RAM on my computer today. I got my own little network going, it’s so cool. I can print from any computer, and I have an external hard drive that I can access from any computer. I also got internet on any computer, all wireless. Oh yeah, and I got another book shelf from stamples because the one I had was overflowing. U guys gut anything cool tech wise?
I have a printer and a scanner.

How much did you upgrade your RAM? I am thinking of doing this cause it can't handle the size of the pictures I like to work with.
 
512MB (Two 256MB chips @~70 per), 100mhz, it was 150 bucks I think I paid too much...damn computer USA... I got 1GIG on my newer pc, its insane.
 
I got a wireless network at home too. It's less effort than taping CAT-5 cables to the ceiling.

I finished making coffee. But it's still too hot to drink. So I'll wait.
 
Yeah, it blew my mind the first time I pressed 'print' down stairs and heard the printer going upstairs. The same thing happened to me today when I set up my external drive. I was like 'wow' this is cool. I can access files from upstairs?? (oops should have typed staples)
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
512MB (Two 256MB chips @~70 per), 100mhz, it was 150 bucks I think I paid too much...damn computer USA... I got 1GIG on my newer pc, its insane.
You're saying you upgraded to 512? That's what came with on mine. I have two slots and each has a 256 in it. I'm going to take one out and put a gig in it. If that doesn't work I do the same to the other. Some day. When I'm rich, I mean.
 
zoobyshoe said:
I am thinking of doing this cause it can't handle the size of the pictures I like to work with.

That sentence has too many clauses. I remind you of the thread title. It specifically says, "no wit". So please remain witless.
 
I love our wireless network... booooooooooooooooy would life be hell if we had to run CAT 5's all around.
 
Yeah zooby, my computer downstairs is 7 years old! Its 805Mhz athalon processor, 512MB 100mHZ SDRAM, 37.25GIG hard drive. Thus u can see why I needed the memory.

I got a wireless network at home too. It's less effort than taping CAT-5 cables to the ceiling.

Psst. ppl with common sense tape it to the FLOOR.

I love our wireless network... booooooooooooooooy would life be hell if we had to run CAT 5's all around.

Please, you live in a one room school house. I don't see the need for all that cat-5.
 
Last edited:
Actually it'd be really easy. I'd use duck tape. Ceilings, not floor. People can see the floor. No one looks at ceilings. The main problem would be, long stretches of cable. You'd have to crimp them yourself. To get the right lengths.Short sentences, people.
 
Ours would have to run down downstairs and across the house so we'd have to drill out and everything about how the house is setup in the area where the cable line comes in makes it hard to do.
 
rachmaninoff said:
That sentence has too many clauses. I remind you of the thread title. It specifically says, "no wit". So please remain witless.
I can try to hold it in, but that will just increase the internal pressure till the seams bust and there'll be a wit flood.
 
rach is in for a nice surprise when he peels it off...sucker..
 
rachmaninoff said:
Actually it'd be really easy. I'd use duck tape. Ceilings, not floor. People can see the floor. No one looks at ceilings. The main problem would be, long stretches of cable. You'd have to crimp them yourself. To get the right lengths.
I live in a sea of writhing, loose electrical cords of all kinds. I often have to beat them away with a baseball bat. They creep up on you like kudzu.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
What kinda cpu are you running Zooby?
I have no idea. It works great, though.
 
Go to my computer on your desktop, right click, then go to properties. It will then show you your computer, and tell you the speed and RAM.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Go to my computer on your desktop, right click, then go to properties. It will then show you your computer, and tell you the speed and RAM.
1.4 Ghz 512MB RAM
 
Not bad, not bad...you really shouldn't have any troubles with that machine looking at pics...
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Go to my computer on your desktop, right click, then go to properties. It will then show you your computer, and tell you the speed and RAM.

You assume everyone else uses Windows XP?

zoobyshoe said:
I live in a sea of writhing, loose electrical cords of all kinds. I often have to beat them away with a baseball bat. They creep up on you like kudzu.

Don't say that at this hour! It's just past midnight, and I'm in a house surrounded with kudzu. Late last night I woke up and it was peering in through my window. It's up to something, I know it.
 
Yeah, I do. You got a problem with that, Id like to see you do something about it. oooooooooooooo. We can't all buy I-mac's just because they look 'cool' or run Unix because we want to be 'special.' Win xp is really good, hands down.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Yeah, I do. You got a problem with that, Id like to see you do something about it. oooooooooooooo

I don't get it, are you saying you're a kudzu?