Is It Ever Too Late to Pursue a Passion for Science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter A Cooper
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 684 views
A Cooper
Greetings.

I should've been a scientist but growing up in the Philippines, which is mostly a scientifically-illiterate country, I was persuaded to go into business. I eventually taught myself IT and became an IT Project Manager in the U.S. That was as close to a science-based career as I got.

Now that I'm retired, one of my favorite things is catching up on all the science that I can.

I'm well-read in many aspects of science -- both the physical and social sciences. I was an amateur astronomer in my youth and have notched up one small accomplishment after another in that field (seeing all the planets, visiting the Barringer Crater, etc). I'm convinced that the nature of reality can best be understood through physics.

Thanks.

A Cooper
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to PF :welcome:

In order to help you start, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see on the home page.

2. The Insights Blog (also available on the top row (header section)). In short, they have been described as "wonder of the web". The blog contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.

3. The Videos (also available in the header section). The media gallery now has some great videos and lecture courses in almost every field in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning opportunity.

Enjoy your time here. Hope that you can make the best out of your time learning the Science behind everything. :smile:

With regards,
Wrichik.