Is it lucky to have a house like this?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
BoulderHead
Saint said:
...I need special blessing from God, and i promise to do GOOD with the blessings He gives me --- anyway, subject to his will.
Have you been attempting to cut a deal with God?

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
It's funny because charity is about sacrifice.

You sacrifice $20 so that someone more needy can have.

With your plans, you don't seem to sacrifice anything for charity.

No offense, but donating to charity in the fashion you are doing it, is not better than those gambling all day and saying they will donate half to charity if they win.

BoulderHead
Sing it, Janis...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Honda Accord....

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Has the Mercedes Benz devalued so much ?! :eek:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
check said:
Wow that's beautiful. :zzz:
Since she is that nice, let's all give her money so she becomes rich. After that, she will use 99% of our money to spend on useless luxury items, and then spend 0.0001% on a scholarship fund for the people who gave her the money. :grumpy:

What does she do with the other ~1%? :confused:

She pays an accountant so that all our lovely money is counted properly. :zzz:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I forgot to mention that we need scholarships because the rich take all the money and give very little back to the poor.

Note: This was an implicit statement in my post above.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ummm...she's a he.

I am not afraid of your misunderstanding about me,
I scare no mocking,
I definitely will fullfil my words when i achieve what i want to achieve.

Life must have dream, dream of having a lot of money is not wrong, only the lazy persons will say NO to "earning a lot of money to help the poor".

Don't laugh, you don't know what will happen in the future, God will bless my ways if I walk in his path.

Saint said:
I am truly unhappy, because:

1) I have a TV, only 25" Panasonic Flat screen, but i want 54" Plasma TV
2) I have a notebook, running at 2.4GHz Intel Celeron, but i want Athlon 64FX or intel P4 3.0GHZ HT notebook
3) I have house, but i want a 10,000 sqft bungalow with swimming pool and small golf.
4) i have a 1500cc Proton Wira car, but i want BMW 530
5) i can do charity, but one time i donate only about 20USD, I want to donate 20,000USD and still have enough money in my bank account

Ok, now thats just irritating.

I have a single 13 inch TV. Neither flat screen nor plasma, its a $50 (US) TV, with a universal remote for $10 because i don't have the original remote and had to go through 2 universals to find one that worked.

I have a notebook, 4 years old, 1.4 Ghz, I wish i could get a new one, but i can't, oh well.

I have no car.

I ahve no spare money to donate, or to buy a new computer, or to by a new tv, or to buy anything, except rent, food, and tuition.

And guess what? I'm just fine. Stop whining.

Edit: And given that I'm going to college and still have those things, I'ms till better off than the vast majority of people in the world. So you have even less reason to complain.

Last edited:
Saint said:
I scare no mocking,

Life must have dream, dream of having a lot of money is not wrong, only the lazy persons will say NO to "earning a lot of money to help the poor".

Don't laugh, you don't know what will happen in the future, God will bless my ways if I walk in his path.
Ok so as you don't think I am mocking you, let me be blunt. you're greedy, and you disgust me. Outright greeed is something I'm quite accustomed to seeing. Trying to mask your greed by pretending to have philanthropy at heart is just pathetic.

We get what your actual goals are.. so instead whining, work hard and achieve the goals you want.. don't "bless us" with your kind hearted guestures, because no one here is buying into it And don't mention god because it's quite obvious you're all about worshipping the green. If you want to be rich, then don't talk about helping the poor.

You know, I'm going to let this post stand instead of editing it. I'm just saying what many are thinking.

Thanks

Have a nice day :biggrin:

Saint said:
I scare no mocking,

I second Zantra's post. Your "charity" is a pathetic excuse to moralize your unrepentant greed. No one needs a 54" plasma flat screen for any reason. Period. To establish that as one of your significant, life goals is revolting. I feel very sorry for your family that they have to live with those attitudes in person.

Tsu
Gold Member
I have to agree with Zantra and franz.

"Saint", I find your "use" of Christianity revolting. Especially in light of your seeming obsession with sex and beautiful women. I also seem to recall a thread in which you posted a picture of your mistress (which you later deleted), and asked us if we thought she was pretty. The you proceeded to say something to the effect of "Shhhh. Don't tell my wife." You're a real poor excuse for a Christian, "Saint".
I, too, feel very sorry for your wife and children.

If you understand Malay, Saint, remember the Peribahasa:

Hujan emas di negara orang lain, hujan batu di negara sendiri, baik juga di negara sendiri

BoulderHead
Saint said:
I scare no mocking,
Making those emotions work for you, are we?
Life must have dream, dream of having a lot of money is not wrong, only the lazy persons will say NO to "earning a lot of money to help the poor"
The love of money is the root of all evil, ever hear that one before? Now here this;
…without $$$, I am not happy…
You love it don’t you?
I only laugh when thinking about what a twisted puppy you come across as (takes one to know one, haha). In any event since you’ve admitted you don’t know what will happen in the future I wouldn’t be quick to assume God’s blessing need amount to anything in this life whatsoever.

Despite all that, I do wish you good luck in your endeavors.

Greed?
You all don't know how to differentiate between GREED and AMBITION.

I can't see any reason why I can not desire for 54" plasma TV, BMW530, 10,000 sqft bungalow etc.............
Anything wrong? :bugeye:

I have come across a lot of donation requests, but i can't donate in all cases, because i have not enough money in my pocket, i feel sorry, therefore, i need to make more money for doing charity, is that wrong? Hypocrisy?

I justify myself based on this:
Article 17.
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.

Article 23.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.

Article 25.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

"In 1981, Li's donations resulted in the founding of Shantou University, near his hometown of Chaozhou"

He donated money to setup a university in China, to benefit the poor students there.
My scholarship plan has the same objective.

I don't have a problem with your greed. But when it overshadows other things like the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom, meeting interesting people and making friends, and making meaningful contributions to society, then it becomes something that is shallow; it makes you a shallow person. That's why you're getting negative responses, because it seems like you're wasting away so much energy and intelligence in pursuit of a shallow, juvenile goal. The things that you surround yourself with in praise of your life are just that- things, they are meaningless symbols of your meaningless hard work. When money is all you're living for, your life is wasteful.

teach me, how should i view money?

It should be a means, not an end in itself. Do you understand what I mean by that? You should make money to live (and to do other things), but you shouldn't live to make money.

I agree, therefore i said i want to make a lot of money to achieve my DREAMS of possessing many materials i desire, at the same time, to help needy people.
is this hypocrisy?

I don't think you understood. Let me rephrase: your own carnal hedonistic shallow pleasures should not be your main reason to live. There's nothing wrong with wanting material things, but that shouldn't be your greatest aim in life, since such a life is shallow and meaningless. These material things should make it easier to pursue other, worthier goals. It's good that you want to donate to charity, but that's not your reason for wanting to make money; you want money for material things, and for charity only secondly.

When you want lots of money strictly for social reasons and materialistic I think it can be dangerous (you let your life go to waste IMO). It is bad to let your identity be synonymous with what you own.

I want money so I can never have to worry about making money and then completely focus on what I enjoy doing. Money is just a means for me in that way--not something to buy big homes, exotic cars, breast implants for the women and 10 million dollars of jewels :P

Money can give me the ability to spend more time with friends and girls (hopefully a special one someday...). Money can buy the time and fees to take pilot lessons. This is something I cannot do now but want :) Though I'm sure I can live with just watching Discovery's Wings channel :cry:

Last edited:
Saint,

What good are material things before and after life (infinite time), and more important than they during life (finite time)? Money can be beneficial, but only if utilized wisely.

My guess is that you have witnessed the shaming of devastating poverty, and react to that trauma with a failed attempt to impress others using wealth as your primary personal value. No one desires to suffer without purpose, but to avoid conflict by money neglects one's responsibility to empathize with those suffering and to help right the world ourselves.

I suggest you seek out the many stories of riches gone awry, and of the virtuous poor.

some of you may .....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/saint2300/junzi.bmp

Last edited by a moderator: