Is it lucky to have a house like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saint
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
93 replies · 10K views
I don't know tumor, I rather like many of the newer houses in Canada (above a certian price of course.)
I looked these up on a local real estate site. Here are a couple of typical houses in my neighbourhood. They're okay looking I'd say. Nowehere near '****ing sooo ugly!' as you suggested Maybe a little bland but nice nonetheless.

The Asians own some very, very nice houses in the lower-mainland B.C. They are very attractive, large houses.

Usually 3 floors, with numerous steps to the main (middle floor), usually with a pink or purple color. They seem to be less common in the US.



I wouldn't mind having one of those.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree on their appearance. I'm not out to build a bomb shelter but a well-built home is always desirable :)

The only thing I hate about homes nowadays is the lot size. Look at the second image you posted. Those homes are way too close together heh.

It used to be that you could say I'm used to the luxury of a smaller city but even here they are doing that same thing just to get away with lower taxes and to put twice as many homes in the same amount of area.
 
In the DC suburbs nowadays the house takes up far more of the lot than the grounds.
 
singleton said:
It used to be that you could say I'm used to the luxury of a smaller city but even here they are doing that same thing just to get away with lower taxes and to put twice as many homes in the same amount of area.


Yeah that's for sure. I think one of the only places in the city or suburbs where u can find a rather big lot nowadays is for houses on cul-de-sacs.