Is it lucky to have a house like this?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, Saint is obsessed with money and wants to be rich. He is neglecting his family and friends for this obsession.
Saint, judging by your posts, I've come to the conclusion that you're either worryingly weird or just trolling. What other reason would possibly make you want to share all the stuff you do with a bunch of people you don't know on an internet forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
I checked in the web and found that the houses in UK are very lousily designed from outside. And most of them are only having 2 rooms 1 bath, but costly up to 100,000 pounds.

It is weird to feel weird about talking about house and car.

Those houses you show may be expensive, but from what I can tell they derive from cookie-cutter architecture, like those of the nouveau-riche where I live. I am sure you all have much better in the way of style and taste.

Saint, I'm sure you could find us nicer looking houses than that. Personally, I think those are ugly.

How much those mansions can go for? :wink:

Attachments

• _39511019_prevention1.jpg
    _39511019_prevention1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 451
  • belgradehangarRoma.jpg
    belgradehangarRoma.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 506
  • Slum_Street_before.jpg
    Slum_Street_before.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 462
Saint said:
nice houses in malaysia

H205.jpg

These would run about 600K to 1mill in LA depending on location

tumor said:
How much those mansions can go for? :wink:

These are hell, against human basic right.

check said:
Saint, I'm sure you could find us nicer looking houses than that. Personally, I think those are ugly.

Personally? They're objectively ugly.

Zantra said:
These would run about 600K to 1mill in LA depending on location

Suburbs are nice. Half that for houses that size, and so much better looking houses than those. :yuck:

A nice house will depend on its interior design too...
Spacious masterbedroom, living hall, has dry and wet kitchen, family hall upstair, balcony, small garden for relaxing, nice color of painting, arrangement of furniture...etc., all count!

Saint said:
A nice house will depend on its interior design too...
Spacious masterbedroom, living hall, has dry and wet kitchen, family hall upstair, balcony, small garden for relaxing, nice color of painting, arrangement of furniture...etc., all count!

You forgot about couple of slaves to cater to your every need.

saint, if you cannot find happiness in your current station in life, being rich will not make it any better. People who are miserable in life, generally are miserable no matter how much their life changes.

Saint said:

Then be glad with what you have.

Saint said:

Maybe you should go live in one of them for a while so you'll shut up and stop whining about not having a nice enough house. because real people live in these real houses, and they don't complain like you do. So why is that saint? Why are you whining when you have a nice big house to live in unlike these people who don't have any choice but to live in these houses?

I truly pity you saint.. use that $200K to go buy a clue

Its kind of fascinating to see that people who live in those houses are generally happy. This one time a girl had a enough money to by a nice shirt (by her standards), and for that reason alone she said that she was the luckiest girl alive. It probably costed her ~$1-2.

You think she would love a big giant house with brand new clothes?

I say she wouldn't, and I know she wouldn't. Can anyone think why she wouldn't?

I've never understood why people will buy expensive homes when they end up looking just like the one down the block. The only reason I can see for having such a huge house is that you can't stand your spouse and children, so want enough room so nobody in the family never needs to interact or even see each other. I have visited and looked through those large homes, and while they are pretty showcases if you have a lot of big parties, they don't feel like a home to me, they feel cold. I prefer a smaller home that feels cozy, the sort where all the guests wind up sitting around the kitchen table, not in some overly ornate living room that the family never goes in except when you have company. I don't like being a guest in those homes either. I'm too uncomfortable worrying I might spill something. And you don't really feel invited INTO someone's home if you are restricted to one sitting room near the front door rather than being invited into the living space, such as the kitchen or family room. For that reason, I avoided houses with formal living rooms. I have a living room, but it's for living in, not wrapping in plastic until company comes. My family room is really just an extension of my kitchen and is the only room where I watch TV. I do wish I had a larger kitchen because I love to bake and have people over for meals, so more room to prepare more food would be wonderful, but I don't even understand why someone would want or need more than one kitchen. Well, with the exception of those who have a second, smaller, kitchen in their basement so that you can use the oven in summer without heating up the living areas, or when you have the large family feasts that require two ovens to prepare all the food.

If the only thing in life that makes you happy is striving for material wealth, then you'll never be happy. Once you have one of those larger houses, instead of being happy, you'll be wanting something even bigger. If you aren't happy where you are, instead of spending money on a bigger house, spend it on a good psychologist to find out why material wealth is so much more important to you than health, family, and friends.

Saint said:
I checked in the web and found that the houses in UK are very lousily designed from outside. And most of them are only having 2 rooms 1 bath, but costly up to 100,000 pounds.
You right Saint,in anglosax countries quality of newly build houses is v.shabby.
In Canada they build houses from materials resembling cardboard,some newly build houses need to be fix before moving in.
And houses here are ****ing sooo ugly! :eek:

tumor said:
In Canada they build houses from materials resembling cardboard,some newly build houses need to be fix before moving in.
And houses here are ****ing sooo ugly! :eek:

I don't know tumor, I rather like many of the newer houses in Canada (above a certian price of course.)
I looked these up on a local real estate site. Here are a couple of typical houses in my neighbourhood. They're okay looking I'd say. Nowehere near '****ing sooo ugly!' as you suggested :tongue2: Maybe a little bland but nice nonetheless.

http://photos.celerity.ca:7778/photosrv/LDON/l/298949b.jpg
http://photos.celerity.ca:7778/photosrv/LDON/l/284598b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check,

Here around Orillia/Barrie most homes like that are put together with particle board as the floor :biggrin:

singleton said:
Check,

Here around Orillia/Barrie most homes like that are put together with particle board as the floor :biggrin:

Oh don't get me wrong, the building material is lightweight. It doesn't matter to me though. I don't need a house to to have foot wide concrete walls and last 1000 years. :smile:
Besides, they're not ugly.

I don't know tumor, I rather like many of the newer houses in Canada (above a certian price of course.)
I looked these up on a local real estate site. Here are a couple of typical houses in my neighbourhood. They're okay looking I'd say. Nowehere near '****ing sooo ugly!' as you suggested Maybe a little bland but nice nonetheless.

The Asians own some very, very nice houses in the lower-mainland B.C. They are very attractive, large houses.

Usually 3 floors, with numerous steps to the main (middle floor), usually with a pink or purple color. They seem to be less common in the US.

I wouldn't mind having one of those.

I agree on their appearance. I'm not out to build a bomb shelter but a well-built home is always desirable :)

The only thing I hate about homes nowadays is the lot size. Look at the second image you posted. Those homes are way too close together heh.

It used to be that you could say I'm used to the luxury of a smaller city but even here they are doing that same thing just to get away with lower taxes and to put twice as many homes in the same amount of area.

In the DC suburbs nowadays the house takes up far more of the lot than the grounds.

singleton said:
It used to be that you could say I'm used to the luxury of a smaller city but even here they are doing that same thing just to get away with lower taxes and to put twice as many homes in the same amount of area.

Yeah that's for sure. I think one of the only places in the city or suburbs where u can find a rather big lot nowadays is for houses on cul-de-sacs.