Is it possible there are many mass parameters for different type of forces ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
ndung200790
Messages
519
Reaction score
0
Please teach me this:
Is it possible there are corresponding mass parameters for different types of interaction for a certain particle?.Because each type of interaction has an own contribution in total mass.Then considering quarks with electro-weak interaction,despite nonzero total mass of quarks we still have the breaking of SU(2) symmetry?(Because I think that for the breaking of SU(2) symmetry we would have one quark massive(corresponding mass) and one quark massless(corresponding mass))
Thank you very much in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't fully understand your question. However gravity is the only one of the four forces where mass enters directly.
 
The thing I do not understand is why both up and down quarks have nonzero mass,but we still have broken symmetry SU(2).Because I think that for the breaking symmetry we might have one quark is massive and other quark is massless?
 
I am sorry,now I have know that the spontaneously symmetry breaking explaining for electro-weak force happens because the Higgs mechanism.Please forgive me for my many useless questions.
 
I don't think your questions are useless. Unfortunately it is obvious that English is not your first language, so your questions are difficult to understand.