Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to deflect or modulate a FM Transmission?

1. Jan 20, 2015 #1
    Can you use a speaker to influence a FM analogue radio transmission no matter how small?
    The speaker and antenna where about 2 m apart.
    The PC has an audio AMP added in of 20 W.
    see setup_zps45e0e71a.png
    Drawing not to scale.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2015 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

your questions really don't make much sense

what are you trying to achieve ?

4. Jan 20, 2015 #3
    Thanks for the reply.

Its just some thing I need to know is possible.
    For example if you superimposed the FM transmission on the audio output would the speaker act in some small way as small antenna?

"A Cosmic Radio Transmitter"?. Turns Audio into a beam of light.
    A modified/hardwired into a PC a Jaycar Kit Micromitter stereo FM from Silicon Chip Magazine Dec 2002.
    Some sort of explanation to what I saw happen one night in 2005?
    I made a YouTube video of what I saw one night, Will post link if needed.
    Have started a Forum about it but still filling out info from 10 years ago my base transmitter was stolen 2 years ago and now conflicts with local broadcast station.

Hope that helps.

5. Jan 20, 2015 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

An antenna for what ?, it isn't connected to the input of a receiver

know of no such thing

turning audio into light is easy ..... feed an audio signal to a LED ( light Emitting Diode), or other light globe

Well transmitting on other people's frequencies can get you into LOTS of trouble with the authorities

was it really stolen, or was it confiscated ?

Dave

6. Jan 20, 2015 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm with Dave on this one. Your questions don't make much sense. RF signals and Audio signals are not physically tied, except through the use of radio transceivers...

7. Jan 20, 2015 #6
    Can I take a week or so to create my forum then you might have a better idea of what I am talking about?

8. Jan 21, 2015 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sure. But when it's ready, please start a private conversation with me so I can check it out. We do not allow linking to websites that are not mainstream science. I will close this thread here now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook