Is it possible to know the future through a biological mechanism?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time dilation when traveling at the speed of light. The faster one travels, the slower time appears to pass for them. However, due to the increase in mass at high speeds, it is physically impossible to reach the speed of light. The conversation also touches on the implications of this limitation in regards to space travel and the amount of energy needed to reach such speeds. It is concluded that this is all hypothetical and not feasible with current technology.
George said:
As a footnote : "Time" is not warped, dilated, stretched, shortened nor anything else. Since nothing can travel faster than light or EM waves, no physical or other process can progress in less than one photonic wave period. No synapse can exchange chemicals, no atomic particle physcially move position, fission or fuse, no politician be elected, no bird sing, no chemical reaction take place, in less than one photonic emission cycle. This *guarantees* that light captures every physical change observable at the photonic interface of any object.

If this universe is created or simulated it seem like the cpu cycle is
f = c/wavelength of photon. And the tick of time would be 1/f.

Physics news on Phys.org
The cumulation I proposed is wrong actually. The alphabet gets seen on Earth and by Bart both in 26 minutes. When he returns home, 52 minutes elapsed on all clocks, and he gets the pizza.

So, time doesn't matter...

I am personally not sure about what you mean by time not mattering. I think that time passes at the same rate wherever you are and whatever you are doing, or whatever speed you are traveling at. It only looks like events speed up or slow down as light receded or advances from the source. The passage of Time, and how "quickly" events appear to happen are not related.

Know the future

A quick question that I was wondering. If the brain works sort of like a computer, in that it stores information by creating neural links. Then theoretically speaking if we were able to go into the future and come back we would be able, from a biological point of view, be able to know what happened. The future events would rewire our synapses and we would physically know the future. Well, is it possible for those same synapses to be accidentally linked without any actual experience of the future, it would then be physically possible to know the future. However, as it is irrelevant to the situation and our brains logic circuits would filter any accidental knowledge from reaching our conscious mind. This could potentially happen all the time, but then perhaps a future event fires all the exact same synapses triggering a familiar feeling, (Deja veux). Now, what if in a small segment of the population this foreknowledge was not properly filtered. Would it then, from a physical point of view be possible to know the future?

Just wondering, I may be way off base, I’m a physicist not a neuro-scientist, but your input on this thought would be appreciated.

CaptainQuaser said:
A quick question that I was wondering. If the brain works sort of like a computer, in that it stores information by creating neural links. Then theoretically speaking if we were able to go into the future and come back we would be able, from a biological point of view, be able to know what happened. The future events would rewire our synapses and we would physically know the future. Well, is it possible for those same synapses to be accidentally linked without any actual experience of the future, it would then be physically possible to know the future. However, as it is irrelevant to the situation and our brains logic circuits would filter any accidental knowledge from reaching our conscious mind. This could potentially happen all the time, but then perhaps a future event fires all the exact same synapses triggering a familiar feeling, (Deja veux). Now, what if in a small segment of the population this foreknowledge was not properly filtered. Would it then, from a physical point of view be possible to know the future?

Just wondering, I may be way off base, I’m a physicist not a neuro-scientist, but your input on this thought would be appreciated.

Yes, this is a common idea. But as a physicist you must know there is no known mechanism by which the acausal modification of our synapses by future information could take place. Neurologists have plausible if not completely rigorous explanations of deja vu.