Is it Possible to Leave Only the 1, 7, and 10 Pins Standing in Bowling?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter physicsn3wb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bowling Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
physicsn3wb
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question or if it is even a legitimate question to be asking, but my friend and I were arguing about it and I was wondering if you could help settle the argument.

The question is:

Is it physically possible to leave only the 1, 7, and 10 pins standing (each corner of the pin triangle)?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question...and if it is, just disregard it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
with curve of the trajectory and spin of the ball i would think its possible.
 
yes its possible I've bowled many times and seen weird stuff.