Is it worth retaking a high school course you get a C in as a College course?

In summary, the speaker received a C in Spanish 3H in high school, which is a course that offers UC credit. They passed the class and can still graduate with the language requirement, but are unsure if they will need a language class in college. They are considering taking the class at a community college during the summer, but are hesitant due to the commute. Their counselor mentioned that retaking the class would not greatly impact their GPA, but it may give them an advantage when applying for college. The speaker is seeking feedback and believes that doing better in the class would improve their college application.

High school course retaken as college course?

• Yes, stick with it.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, not worth the time.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
josiexl
So, I got a C in my Spanish 3H class in high school and I heard that it was one of the courses that gives you UC credit.
I passed the class so I can still graduate with the 3 year requirement, and I'm not sure if I'll need a language class later on in college.
I got into the class at a community college, would taking this course during the summer be beneficial? or a waste of time (kind of lazy for the commute but that's about it, only one month and like a week of the course)
All my counselor said was that it wouldn't effect my GPA THAT much, but by a little, would this give me some kind of an upperhand when aplying for college too or?
some feedback would definitely be appreciated!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think if you took it again, and did better, it would definitely look better when you apply for college.

1. Is it worth retaking a high school course if you got a C?

It depends on your individual circumstances and goals. If the C is bringing down your overall GPA and you have the time and resources to retake the course, it may be worth considering. However, if the course is not relevant to your major or career path, it may not be necessary to retake it.

2. Will retaking a high school course improve my college transcript?

Yes, if you retake the course and receive a higher grade, it will replace the previous grade on your transcript. This can help improve your overall GPA and demonstrate academic improvement to potential employers or graduate schools.

3. Can I retake a high school course in college?

Yes, many colleges and universities offer high school courses as part of their curriculum. However, you will need to check with your academic advisor to ensure that the course will count towards your degree requirements.

4. How many times can I retake a high school course?

This will vary depending on the policies of your college or university. Some may have a limit on the number of times a course can be retaken, while others may allow you to retake a course multiple times. It is important to check with your academic advisor for specific guidelines.

5. Will retaking a high school course affect my financial aid?

It is possible that retaking a high school course may affect your financial aid status. If you drop the course or fail to meet satisfactory academic progress requirements, you may lose your financial aid eligibility. It is important to consult with your financial aid office before making a decision to retake a course.