1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Is it worth retaking a high school course you get a C in as a College course?

1. Yes, stick with it.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, not worth the time.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Jun 30, 2011 #1
    So, I got a C in my Spanish 3H class in high school and I heard that it was one of the courses that gives you UC credit.
    I passed the class so I can still graduate with the 3 year requirement, and I'm not sure if I'll need a language class later on in college.
    I got into the class at a community college, would taking this course during the summer be beneficial? or a waste of time (kind of lazy for the commute but that's about it, only one month and like a week of the course)
    All my counselor said was that it wouldn't effect my GPA THAT much, but by a little, would this give me some kind of an upperhand when aplying for college too or?
    some feedback would definitely be appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2011 #2
    I think if you took it again, and did better, it would definitely look better when you apply for college.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook