Is Physics and Philosophy by Werner Heisenberg Worth Reading?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Pinu7
Messages
275
Reaction score
5
Admit it, the subject is interesting. I have my own "theories" about it, but can you recommend me a book?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Physics and Philosophy by Werner Heisenberg, 1958, publisher: Harper, part of the "World Perspectives" series. A rare find at a used bookstore. I would suggest eBay.

Not sure I agree with everything written here, but it is hard to argue with the source. It is notable that among the dozen or so "Board of Editors" for the series both Bohr and Oppenheimer are listed (not necessarily for THIS book, though). Also a gentleman named Jacques Maritain, a noted Catholic philosopher and scholar who wrote a very powerful treatise on the importance of a classical, liberal arts education for academics is present. I only note him as I had to read this treatise in my phil. of education course as an undergrad.