Hey there gawrys111.
I'm a senior at my HS and I have just finished my 5 class in the PLTW curricullum Engineering Design and Development. My friend, PLTW has given me a leg up on the rest of the world. I'm one of 4 students at my school with a college level internship with pay, because of the experience I have gained from PLTW. My internship is actually with a Fortune 500 Company, and right now I'm working on getting another one with a Navy Tech Development branch. Seriously though the class isn't for everyone, and I'm sure you're finding that out now. We started with 60 qualified kids in Introduction to Engineering Design my freshman year, the next year we were down to 20 kids, over all 15 kids finished the program this year at my school.
Anyway the classes. My second year we had Digital Electronics or DE (if you stick with it you'll start using acronyms more often). In DE we were taught to make basic circuits, and how to operate certain tools like an Osicillscope. You will learn Boolean Algebra that year, and the words "AND" "OR" and "NOT" will have a whole new meaning for you. You may also step into stamp programming. I am not sure what you will experience in this class, because the curricullum requirements change very often for this class, because of the continuous jumps in Digital Electronic innovation.
The next class for me was Principles of Engineering. In this class you begin to do a lot of projects, which require the use of the problem/design process. Here you will be introduced to a very interesting form of math known as Vector Calculus. Vectors are only difficult if you can't interpret information on your own.
CIM is fun. I'm not joking. I had a ton of fun in this class. Here you will learn all there is about robotics. Depending on whether your school has a CNC router you will learn about CNC programming. Also you will learn to step program robots like robotic arms, or even a miniture sorting station that you may have to construct from scratch. Believe me this was fun.
Ok EDD, or Engineering Design and Development or Erectial Disfunction Disorder, because this class can put a lot of stress on you. This is what PLTW calls the Capstone Class, because it's the last thing you have to do. The entire semester you will be working on 1 project. Your group will get to decide what project you want to do, through design matricies, and you will have to keep a very very tight control over your documentation. If you do this class, just be prepared to not let senioritis take control over you. With the aid of my group in this class we created a Manufacturing Process for a Fortune 500 Company Leggett & Platt, and it was actually approved by the company.
In short man PLTW opens up a lot for you.