Is Pursuing an MA in Mathematics a Smart Career Move After a B.S.M.E.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1macatac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career Options
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
1macatac
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have a B.S.M.E. and now considering going back to get a MA in mathematics. Would this be a good career move or should I consider a MS in mechanical? I enjoy ME however I also enjoy mathematics. I am wanting skills to be diversified. What would be my career paths?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
My interest lies in fluids, thermal and solar. I enjoy mathematics involved.
 
It's tough to say. I consider an MS in mechanical to be pretty diverse as it is. I guess it will depend on what part of industry you would like to be in. IMO, the MSME will serve you better in terms of employment and job function. Again, that's just an opinion.