Is quartarad radex 1503+ or GQ GMC-300E a good geiger counter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alberto Spain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Geiger counter
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 4K views
Alberto Spain
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Is quartarad radex 1503+ or GQ GMC-300E a good geiger counter?
Hello. I´m new here, my name is Alberto and I´m from Spain. I´m learning spanish, excuse me if I make mistakes.

A friend of mine studied physics long time ago and he has a small hobby laboratory. He likes playing with physics. He told me he broke his Geiger counter and I want to give him a new one for his birthday.

In my country Geiger counters are not a very common thing, so I find a quartarad radex 1503+ for a good price. 125$ second hand. The question is, Is this geiger counter a good one for what he does? I mean, experimenting with X rays, detecting particles and that sort of things. In amazon there are a lot of geiger counters, for example the GQ GMC-300E new for 105$.

Since the radex costs 3 times more new, maybe is much better than the GQ but I have no Idea which one is better for the purpose of my friend.

I leave 2 links to the specs of both models. (i lloked up for webs in english to make it easy for you

Radex
GQ

Thank you!!

best regards
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Alberto,

Thank you for reaching out and asking for advice regarding a geiger counter for your friend. Both the quartarad radex 1503+ and the GQ GMC-300E are good geiger counters and can be used for experimenting with X-rays and detecting particles.

The quartarad radex 1503+ is a bit more expensive, but it also has more advanced features such as Bluetooth connectivity and a larger detection range. However, the GQ GMC-300E is also a reliable and affordable option.

Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your friend's specific needs and preferences. If he values the advanced features and is willing to pay a bit more, then the quartarad radex 1503+ would be a good choice. However, if he is looking for a more basic and affordable option, the GQ GMC-300E would also be a good option.

I would recommend looking at reviews and comparing the features of both geiger counters to see which one would best suit your friend's needs. Additionally, you could also ask your friend directly if he has a preference or if there is a specific feature he is looking for in a geiger counter.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in finding the perfect geiger counter for your friend's birthday.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Alberto Spain