Is Steric Inhibition of Resonance Affecting Acetate Ion Stability?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hariharan venkatasu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    inhibition Resonance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
hariharan venkatasu
Messages
66
Reaction score
3
Is there steric inhibition of resonance effect acting on acetate ion of acetic acid by which it breaks the equivalent resonance of COO group and destabilize the acetate ion? Please help me to understand this
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Please help me with your expert answer.
 
I am anxiously awaiting for your reply. Could you please oblige?
 
I am yet to receive your reply on this topic. I will be immensely thankful if you expedite your reply. Thanks.
 
I think your question makes no sense at all, which is why you are not getting any replies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara
Hmm... Does it make more sense if "resonance" is replaced with "bond strength"?

(not a chemist, so just guessing from context) :doh: