Is the Calculation of Torque to Lift 100kg Accurate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter geek743
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    F=ma Lift Torque
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 9K views
geek743
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
Please note this is not a home work.
Working on a NPD.Please look at the jpeg file

I have done few basic calculations to find torque to lift 100kg
F=Ma
F=100x9.81
F=981N

Torque=Force x Distance
T=981x.77
T=755Nm

The torque on the gearbox output shaft required to lift is 755Nm

Is this calculation correct?

Any help on this is much appreciated

Regards
Geek743
 
Attachments
  • torque.jpg
    torque.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,151
Physics news on Phys.org


Hi
Is this question still open? I do not really understand your drawing but i think there is a problem with your calculations. Please explain how should work your device.
 


I think you need to provide more info with your drawing and how it works. remember Torque = Fdsin(x) I believe you need to consider the angle as well, but I'm not entirely sure how this works either