Is the set of bounded signals considered in topology and C^1 functions compact?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter symv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Space
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
symv
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am considering the set of all bounded signals given by

[tex]X = \left\{ x:\ |x(t)| \leq X_{\max}, \forall t \right\}.[/tex]

Is this set compact? Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys
 
Physics news on Phys.org
symv said:
I am considering the set of all bounded signals given by

[tex]X = \left\{ x:\ |x(t)| \leq X_{\max}, \forall t \right\}.[/tex]

Is this set compact? Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys



No, bounded alone does not imply compact
(in the topology of uniform convergence).
 
g_edgar said:
in what topology, in what space of functions ?


He said signals, so I guess it's something like periodic functions
that are a.e. C^1.