Is there a chemistry book like Halliday-Resnick with good illustrations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter foggyeyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
foggyeyes
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Im currently reading Halliday-Resnik For physics.
im wondering if there's a similar book for chemistry.
The colourfull illustrations in halliday - resnik make physics fun
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
The book I used for general chemistry last year was Chemistry: The Central Science by Brown, LeMay, Bursten and Murphy. It's not quite on the level of Halliday/Resnik (which I used for physics as well) in terms of illustrations, but it's got little sections throughout that talk about everyday applications of the material and historical contexts (i.e. how decompression sickness works, Alfred Nobel's work on nitrogen-containing explosives, etc.). It was a pretty easy read; that's definitely what I would recommend.