Is there any command in Fortran that is similar to eval in MATLAB?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phanlada
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fortran Matlab
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
phanlada
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am trying to write a Fortran subroutine to solve non-linear equations (given by external function fnxname) using Newton's method, where the derivative is given by finite difference calculation. How may I use the function in the program.

Suppose the desired function name is given by a string "fnxname", I cannot write fnxname(x), can I? In MATLAB, I may write eval(cat('fnxname','(x)')) or something like that. Is there a similar command in Fortran?

Replies would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You can either just put the function inside of the main program's file, or put the function inside of a MODULE and INCLUDE that module in the main program. Then you can simply call the function as normal.