Is there any way to find the product of prime numbers?

In summary, According to the prime number theorem, the number of prime numbers that are less than N is approximately N\ln(N) for a sufficiently large N. There is a way to find the product of prime numbers that are less than N by multiplying them. If you are looking for a list of semiprimes, it exists. There is also a formula for finding the product of the first n primes, called primorial. The first theorem mentioned states that n# (the primorial) is always less than 4^n. The second theorem, known as the Chebychev theorem, states that the sum of logarithms of prime numbers up to a certain number x is approximately equal to x. This theorem is also known
l-1j-cho
According to the prime number theorem, the number of prime numbers that are less than N is approximately N\ln(N) for a sufficiently large N. But can we find the product of prime numbers that are less than N?
(For example, N=20 then 2x3x5x7x11x13x17x19 although I think 20 isn't large enough haha)

Physics news on Phys.org
Of course there is- multiply them!

If you are looking for a list of semiprimes, it exists. http://oeis.org/A001358/b001358.txt

If you are looking for a formula pik(n)=(ln(n)/n)*((n^k)/k!). Where k is the number of prime factors not necessarily unique.

Definition: the producht of the first n primes is called primorial and is writtn as n#

Theorem: n# < [itex]4^{n}[/itex]

Definition: [itex]\vartheta(x) := \Sigma_{p_{i}<=x} Log(p_{i})[/itex] (Chebychev)

Theorem: [itex]\vartheta(x)[/itex] ~ x for x -> [itex]\infty[/itex]

For the second Theorem above from my 'numerical department':

i |p[itex]_{i}[/itex] |[itex]\vartheta (p_{i})[/itex] |[itex]\vartheta (p_{i})/p_{i}[/itex]

5 | 11 | 7.745 | 0.704091
26 | 101 | 88.344 | 0.874688
169 | 1009 | 963.162 | 0.954571
1230 | 10007 | 9905.202 | 0.989827
9593 | 100003 | 99696.902 | 0.996939

RamaWolf said:
Definition: the producht of the first n primes is called primorial and is writtn as n#

Theorem: n# < [itex]4^{n}[/itex]

Definition: [itex]\vartheta(x) := \Sigma_{p_{i}<=x} Log(p_{i})[/itex] (Chebychev)

Theorem: [itex]\vartheta(x)[/itex] ~ x for x -> [itex]\infty[/itex]

could you let me know the name of the first theorem so i can google it?

l-1j-cho said:
could you let me know the name of the first theorem so i can google it?

I think, there is no sprecific name for it; but go to:

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_of_Bertrand%27s_postulate

and there look for Lemma 4

1. What are prime numbers?

Prime numbers are positive integers that are divisible only by 1 and itself, and have no other positive divisors. Examples of prime numbers include 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, etc.

2. How do you find the product of prime numbers?

The product of prime numbers can be found by multiplying all the prime numbers together. For example, the product of the first three prime numbers (2, 3, and 5) is 2 x 3 x 5 = 30.

3. Is there a formula to find the product of prime numbers?

No, there is no specific formula to find the product of prime numbers. The product can be found by manually multiplying the prime numbers together.

4. Can you find the product of any two prime numbers?

Yes, the product of any two prime numbers will always be another prime number. However, the product of two prime numbers may not always be a prime number. For example, 5 x 7 = 35, which is not a prime number.

5. Why is it important to find the product of prime numbers?

Finding the product of prime numbers is important in mathematics and number theory. It is also used in cryptography and coding theory. Additionally, prime numbers have many applications in various fields such as physics, biology, and computer science.