Is this 1,3-butadiene or just butene?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phee
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 10K views
phee
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Is this

1,3 -butene?

or just plain butene?

2d7ufcp.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
So if there is two double bonds its di-"prefix"-ede ?
 
It is diene, no idea what you wrote - seems completely unrelated.

Technically correct IUPAC name is probably but-1,3-diene, but I am not going to pretend I am expert on organic nomenclature.
 
phee said:
So if there is two double bonds its di-"prefix"-ede ?

That is correct, 'ene' though, not 'ede'
 
Last edited:
phee said:
So if there is two double bonds its di-"prefix"-ede ?

gabriels-horn said:
That is correct, 'ene' though, not 'ede'

Somehow I fail to see "prefix" between di and ene.
 
Borek said:
Somehow I fail to see "prefix" between di and ene.

Yea completely fell asleep on that reply, prefix before diene.