1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this course more like physics or math?

1. Jul 21, 2013 #1
    Basically, I have labs for all my courses but I'm trying to determine which of my courses require actual lab reports to be submitted.

Calculus and more theoretical courses don't require labs submitted but my Physics course does require a lab report to be submitted.

Would you guess that the below course would require weekly lab reports or not?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I think the only way to get an answer is to ask the instructor.

4. Jul 21, 2013 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The course number like that would make one think it's a graduate level course, ,meant for enlightening students through lecture. Assumption being that, it would not have lab reports expected. BUT does that 511 course include a laboratory component? If it does come with a lab section or component then you would expect lab reports to be required as part of your work.

5. Jul 21, 2013 #4
    Just send the instructor, and/or department a friendly email. They will be able to answer your question better than our speculation. You could also search the university website for past syllabus'. It depends on the university and how their courses are structured.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook