Is this course more like physics or math?

• Thread starter Turion
  • Start date
Basically, I have labs for all my courses but I'm trying to determine which of my courses require actual lab reports to be submitted.

Calculus and more theoretical courses don't require labs submitted but my Physics course does require a lab report to be submitted.

Would you guess that the below course would require weekly lab reports or not?

MEC 511 Thermodynamics and Fluids

The scope and limitations of thermodynamics, macroscopic-approach heat, work, energy and first law. Properties and state of simple substances and fluids. Control-mass and control-volume energy analysis. The second law of thermodynamics, entropy limiting cycle efficiencies, criteria for equilibrium. Conservation equations for the flow of fluids. Application to one dimensional fluid flow.

Answers and Replies

I think the only way to get an answer is to ask the instructor.

symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
The course number like that would make one think it's a graduate level course, ,meant for enlightening students through lecture. Assumption being that, it would not have lab reports expected. BUT does that 511 course include a laboratory component? If it does come with a lab section or component then you would expect lab reports to be required as part of your work.

Just send the instructor, and/or department a friendly email. They will be able to answer your question better than our speculation. You could also search the university website for past syllabus'. It depends on the university and how their courses are structured.