Is Your Personality Disorder Test Result Surprising?

In summary: Disorder Rating Paranoid: Low Schizoid: HighSchizotypal: HighAntisocial: LowBorderline: LowHistrionic: LowNarcissistic: ModerateAvoidant: LowDependent: LowObsessive-Compulsive: ModerateIn summary, I have a high rating for schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders, a moderate rating for narcissistic and obsessive-compulsive disorders, and low ratings for all other disorders.
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High6 highs! In your face Wolram!
wait, I only got moderate on anti-social? That can't be right.

Physics news on Phys.org
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Comp: Low

I'm not crazy, man. That's just the government and society teaming up against me because I'm so damn hot.

Pythagorean said:
I'm not crazy, man. That's just the government and society teaming up against me because I'm so damn hot.

If I had a signature, this would surely be it!

Aw. HeLiXe and I match.

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Gear.0 said:
6 highs! In your face Wolram!
wait, I only got moderate on anti-social? That can't be right.

:smile:

I am sure you deserve a high score for over-competitiveness, too!

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

GeorginaS said:
Aw. HeLiXe and I match.

*sigh* Well look on the bright side Georgina...maybe we have something else besides a personality disorder:biggrin:

You could cut off your middle finger and duct tape it to the finger on one of those giant foam "#1" hands.

If nothing else, you will certainly qualify as having a personality disorder at that point

not according to this test...

Hijinks occur as you use the foam hand to pull over motorists pretending to be a hitch-hiker; as the driver rolls down the window you shout obscenities while trying to poke them in the eye with your freshly removed finger

Let's see what you now qualify for:

Do you often find that your emotions are inappropriate for a given situation?
Obviously this is now satisfied

Is your appearance or behavior considered "eccentric" by other people?
Obviously this is now satisfied

Do you take actions without thinking about the consequences?

You just cut off your finger to qualify for a personality disorder. Of course you do

Do you often feel like people are saying negative things about you behind your back?

Yes, because they are. In fact, at this point they're saying negative things about you to your face

Do you often see things in black and white terms? In other words, something either is or it isn't, with no gray area inbetween.

You either do or do not have a personality disorder. There is no try

Do you intentionally injure yourself, for instance by cutting yourself or taking too many pills?

You. Just. Cut. Off. Your. Finger.

Have you ever been in jail or done something that you could be put in jail for?

At this point probably

Do you occasionally or often dress or act provocatively to gain attention?

Of course, that was the whole point

Do you often let others make important decisions for you?

You just let me talk you into cutting off your finger, so we'll put this one down as a yes

Are you very concerned with your appearance and how others perceive you?
You're concerned about having a personality disorder, so let's say yes to this too.

Do you have a hard time throwing things away, even if they are old and worn out?

I'm going to go ahead and assume you hold onto that finger and try to get it re-attached or something

and...

damn. You still don't have a personality disorder. Ok, I'll have to think about it

Office_Shredder said:
and...

damn. You still don't have a personality disorder. Ok, I'll have to think about it

I guess that's just under the radar...

cronxeh said:
Oh that's awesome. I shall bounce my spaz ideas off you. Good times

go right ahead young whipper snap fur ball. my meds have me near flat line affect. i knew i was not going to score on this test before taking it. :-p

tribdog said:
The obsessive-compulsive rating is generated quite cleverly, by asking:
Do you have obsessive-compulsive disorder?

I said no, yet I got a high score for OC! Not fair!:mad:

tribdog said:
The obsessive-compulsive rating is generated quite cleverly, by asking:
Do you have obsessive-compulsive disorder?

OCD and OCPD are actually different disorders. As classified by the DSM-IV, OCD is an anxiety disorder, while OCPD is a personality disorder.

http://www.psychiatric-disorders.com/articles/personality-disorders/obsessive-compulsive.php

While OCD and OCPD share some symptoms, the two disorders are unrelated. Obsessive compulsive personality disorder has certain important differences from OCD. People with obsessive compulsive disorder are often aware that their obsessions are abnormal, but are compelled to perform them anyway. People with obsessive compulsive personality disorder, however, believe their need for strict order and rules is perfectly normal.

It's possible the test author was using yes to an OCD diagnosis to award points to the OCPD score considering comorbidity rates, or it may be that the points went to the avoidant and dependant personality scores, or possibly all three.

Five percent of OCD cases show evidence of comorbid personality disorder (a personality disorder that occurs along with OCD). Interestingly, obsessive compulsive personality disorder is not the most commonly comorbid personality disorder found with OCD. Avoidant and dependant personality disorders are much more commonly associated with OCD.

I tried to manipulate the test the best I could. It didn't work.

What! Personality disorder!... Hehe, no thanks, I'm okay. :biggrin:

How come no one posted this yet!

Hello, and Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline:

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press - no one will answer.

If you are dyslexic, press 96969696969696.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the hash key until a representative comes on line.

If you have amnesia press 8 and state your name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number and your mother's maiden name.

If you have post-traumatic stress disorder, slowly and carefully press 000.

If you have bi-polar disorder, please leave a message after the beep or before the beep. Or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.

If you have low self esteem, please hang up. All our operators are too busy to talk to you.

if you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press - no one will answer.

If you have bi-polar disorder, please leave a message after the beep or before the beep. Or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.

Well, LAST time I checked...

drizzle said:

Gads I love that list.

I think it's gotten much better since I saw it last.

There are so many new mental disorders that have been created since I was a kid.

the list when Om was a kid said:
Crazy

Life is so much more interesting nowadays. :smile:

drizzle said:

That had me dying of rofl for 2 minutes

Paranoid: Low more info | forum
Schizoid: Moderate more info | forum
Schizotypal: Moderate more info | forum
Antisocial: Moderate more info | forum
Borderline: Low more info | forum
Histrionic: Moderate more info | forum
Narcissistic: High more info | forum
Avoidant: Low more info | forum
Dependent: Low more info | forum
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low more info | forum

Paranoid:Very High
Schizoid:High
Schizotypal:High
Antisocial:Low
Borderline:Moderate
Histrionic:Moderate
Narcissistic:Very High
Avoidant:Low
Dependent:Low
Obsessive-Compulsive:High

tribdog said:
that's a good one. I think, but then according to the test I don't have a sense of humor because of my high schizoid rating.

tribdog said:
neither did. And I didn't either.

... :smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
Yay! I got 100%.

Why does it say that I should get rid of any weapons and seek help immediately?

Okay, what are you hiding? :biggrin:

BobG said:
Comparing the first time I took this test to my results from today, I realize that I'm slowly going crazy...

hypatia said:
Its ok Bob, you will have lots of company when you get there.

Hahaa:smile:aahaaa, don't worry you two, I'll take care of when you get there!... Or would I be having company?

drankin said:
I tried to manipulate the test the best I could. It didn't work.
... Avoidant! :biggrin:

OmCheeto said:
... I think it's gotten much better since I saw it last.

There are so many new mental disorders that have been created since I was a kid.

Life is so much more interesting nowadays. :smile:

Considering you're a very high Schizotypal person... I can see where you come from! you've just been socially isolated. :biggrin:

drizzle said:
... :smile:
Considering you're a very high Schizotypal person... I can see where you come from! you've just been socially isolated. :biggrin:

I'll take that as a compliment.

Oh! I think I'll start printing up T-shirts for the next fair:

I'm Schizotypal
That means I think differently.
In other words:
Stay Away from Me!
I'm Crazy!

I'll make one for Integral too.

OmCheeto said:

I'm Schizotypal
In other words:
Stay Away from Me!
I'm Crazy!

OmCheeto said:

I'm Schizotypal
In other words:
Stay Away from Me!
I'm Crazy!

I'll make one for Integral too.

Or, you could just get a name tag that says, "Hi, my name is Mel Gibson". :-p

Borg said:
Or, you could just get a name tag that says, "Hi, my name is Mel Gibson". :-p

Some are floating Mel Gibson's supposed bipolar disorder as an explanation for his abusive rants, raising the question, when is an ******* just an *******?

I may be crazy, but I don't think anyone see's me as being an *******.

I'll skip the name tag.

(but that was funny. :smile:)

******* = donkey orifice.
Just in case there was any doubt

So seriously though... I only got 1 low.. I got 6 highs, 2 of which where 'very high', and 3 moderate.. According to this test I'm pretty f***ed up, apparently I have some of everything except 'Histrionic'.

Should I consider seeing a psychologist?
I doubt I would anyway.. I mainly just ask to see if you guys think this test is reliable at all, or should I not be worried?
I mean, I've pretty much always known I was a bit screwed up, but I thought it was more or less close to average, but I'm like twice as bad as anyone else on here.

Gear.0 said:
So seriously though... I only got 1 low.. I got 6 highs, 2 of which where 'very high', and 3 moderate.. According to this test I'm pretty f***ed up, apparently I have some of everything except 'Histrionic'.

I doubt I would anyway.. I mainly just ask to see if you guys think this test is reliable at all, or should I not be worried?
I mean, I've pretty much always known I was a bit screwed up, but I thought it was more or less close to average, but I'm like twice as bad as anyone else on here.
Don't worry, it's just for fun.

Gear.0 said:

Relax. And smile :P

Gear.0 said:

It's not reliable, not even close.

But that might be just my schizotypal side talking :-p.

Yeah, even if you scored high on a professional test from a skull-jockey, it's just a tool for the skull-jockey, it doesn't have the final say.

People can be schizotypal, paranoid, and moody without having a schizotypal disorder, a paranoia disorder, or a mood disorder.

Bottom line, being schizotypal is not the same as having schyzotypal disorder. Same with having an ateention defecit, or being hyper-active, or being depressed or manic.

Having a disorder does not rest on the type of behavior alone, it largely rests on the distress it causes you and people around you, and how your ability to function normally is affected.

If you're not in distress (or causing distress in the case of sociopaths), and you're functioning normally, then you're just weird or eccentric.

Schizoid: Very High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Very High
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

lisab said:
It's not reliable, not even close.
Yeah...I wouldn't even go public with some of the things I answered yes to on that test, and I'm still low in all areas.:cool:

Pythagorean said:
People can be schizotypal, paranoid, and moody without having a schizotypal disorder, a paranoia disorder, or a mood disorder.
So you can be a nutcase without having been labeled :P

Lol I guess I'm worse than before :p

Disorder Rating Information
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: High
Histrionic: Very High
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

==
My autism quotient, though, went from 48 to 41.