Isn’t “kicked out” a derogatory term?

I think people with some power tend to behave as to make others feel that they (power holders) are superior to them (other people).

Isn’t “kicked out” a derogatory term?
No.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy
jbriggs444
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It can be subjective :-)
If one asks a question and then refuses to accept a direct answer, it suggests that the question was not sincere.

Likes jrmichler and russ_watters
In my mind, there are problems enough in the world without manufacturing offense where none is intended.

Likes jrmichler, russ_watters and Adesh
If one asks a question and then refuses to accept a direct answer, it suggests that the question was not sincere.
I thought this was a discussion (as my tags say) so people can have different opinions and at the same time having a respect for other's opinion.

However, as you always help me in Classical Physics sub-forum, I cannot argue with you as you're my teacher.

In my mind, there are problems enough in the world without manufacturing offense where none is intended.
Thats really a great line.

jbriggs444
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I thought this was a discussion (as my tags say) so people can have different opinions and at the same time having a respect for other's opinion.
I am trying to remain as civil as I can. The original question might be charitably interpreted as "help me understand the connotations of this phrase".

The impression conveyed since then is something more akin to "please support my feeling that a wrong has been done in this situation which I have not fully described".

Likes weirdoguy and russ_watters
The impression that is conveyed since then is something more akin to "please support my feeling that a wrong has been done in this situation which I have not described".
Even if it seemed that I was asking for support then also I don't think I aimed something wrong and as far as description of the situation is concerned, he will suspend me if I describe the whole situation here.

personally find “kicked out” a very derogatory and insulting remark
Depends on the context. It is kind of legendary and a good reason to brag about being kicked out from (the bush around) a women's bath for peeking :oldbiggrin:

Reason given in formal letter is “Whining” and I don’t know what does that mean?
That place sounds like not as good as a bath to brag about, but still, you are still free to be happy about leaving it o0)

• Haha
Likes Adesh
Depends on the context. It is kind of legendary and a good reason to brag about being kicked out from (the bush around) a women's bath for peeking :oldbiggrin:

That place sounds like not as good as a bath to brag about, but still, you are still free to be happy about leaving it o0)
Thanks for such a positive reply, I really felt good after reading it.

Evo
Mentor
I think it's time to close this thread now.

Likes jrmichler, Bystander, anorlunda and 3 others